View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 06:41 PM  
emma_teddy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: hamster chewing at cage plastic!!!!

update: i removed some of the bedding from the side he is chewing at so that it is not as high up- he cannot reach it now, from what i've seen. i now will need to add more bedding to a different part of the cage so he can burrow. i might wait a bit because he has only been in his new cage less than a week and i don't want to stress him out by changing the order of things so soon. i also gave him a second whimzee chew. i realized i had his jars of food next to his cage; he could probably smell them which i read on another thread - so i removed those too. i am a bit worried now though because, when i first moved him to his new cage, he wasn't scrabbling at the sides as he did in his previous cage. he has started to do so again, though less aggressively/frequently. im just so distressed because i cannot get him a bigger cage, both due to space and money (i spent almost $100 between his new cage ($30) and more chews, bedding, etc.) and i'm in highschool and i only work one or two days a week.

my mom is the one who got me a hamster (though i never really asked for/wanted one) but she doesn't help pay for bedding or food, which are necessities! i can understand not paying for extra toys, treats, etc. but she's the one who got me the hamster! im just distressed. i want to provide Teddy with the best life possible and i just don't know what else to do.

sorry for ranting. my mom just doesn't get it.

~emma
emma_teddy is offline   Reply With Quote