View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:29 PM  
rowan22
Hamster Pup

Question Mites and disinfecting cage

Hi,
My hamster has mites. The vet has given me treatment for her so she will be fine, however I’m stuck with what to do about disinfecting, and can’t find any solid advice on the internet since everyone says different things. I have the barney cage, which has a platform made from wood as well as a wooden house. I also have 4 shelves in her cage which are wooden and almost everything else in the cage is wood.

1) when it comes to disinfecting the actual cage, what’s the best way to do this?
2) is it better to jut throw out the level and house and all the other wooden bits?! The vet gave me some flea spray stuff which she said would sort out the wooden bits. The only thing I really can’t replace is the wooden shelf which comes with the barney cage so if there’s any way to disinfect that then I’ll try it. The house and all the toys can be replaced (this hamster has ended up costing me 100s of pounds in the last 2 days lol!!).

Has anyone else been given a flea spray for stuff like this before and has it worked?

Alternatively is there anywhere I could buy a new shelf for the barney cage?

Thank you!
rowan22 is offline   Reply With Quote