View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 11:57 AM  
rowan22
Hamster Pup

Default Re: urgent help needed with hole in cage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco61 View Post
Rowan, I have tried to find the thread moderator Vectis did on mending chewed cages. I can't find, have you seen it? I recall that apart from plastic repairs, she showed photos of a metal bolt with circular plates either side of the hole. I have a barney cage and I have the wooden shelf down at the level of the base so that there would not be space for a hamster to chew a hole at the top of the base. I assume this is what she has done. Perhaps you can get some shelves from the internet (ranch houses do a good selection ) to prevent her reaching the edge after you have plugged the gap you now have. It's a bad habit and must be stopped but some hams just won't.
Hey! yep i've seen it, she suggested using washers but the hole is honestly too big for that now. I'd say its about 6cm wide and 4cm high. The problem with putting shelves over it is that the hole is just underneath the 'lip' of the base - if you know what I mean. So a shelf wouldn't cover it. The only thing I can think of doing is putting plexiglass over it but i dont know how to safely adhere it to the cage.
rowan22 is offline   Reply With Quote