View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 11:30 AM  
emma_teddy
Hamster Pup

Default Re: teddy's (revamped) bin cage thread

thank you all for your contributions!! i put teddy in his new cage last night and he seems much happier and as far as i have seen has stopped stress induced behaviours such as scrabbling at the sides etc. for now i have drilled holes on the top as well as along the top of the sides. soon i’m going to buy mesh and change to that because i want it to have good ventilation. teddy STILL won’t sleep in his hide (green house, bottom left) and he also has two bendy bridges now!! yay!! i got him a new chewnel and some kiwi wood chew things. he also has coloured wood chew sticks. i’m going to get some more variety of chews as well. the tape is just there from last night because the lid isn’t very secure at the sides and i was worried that if he can reach it he might be able to push himself out but i don’t think he can. i’ve sloped the bedding and he has 5+ inches on the one side and around 3 or 4 on the other. i’m going to buy more bedding soon so i can add more as i didn’t realize how much more i needed compared to his old cage.

all the photos are here
also the one of teddy is from last night before i added more bedding
also once i have the chance to go to ikea i’m going to get one of those wooden magazine holders to make a shelf!! i also can’t find the hanging chew i have so once i do that will go up as well!!

~emma
emma_teddy is offline   Reply With Quote