View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:57 AM  
Lunahamster321369
Newborn Pup

Default Syrian has mites. Went to two vets that were bad

This is gonna be a long post.Hello so I’m a member of another forum but I also wanted to come here to ask for more opinions and stuff. So I have a Syrian hamster named cookie and he’s a male. He’s about 4 to 5 months old and he’s a generally very scared hamster no matter how hard I tried to tame him. So I bought this carefresh bedding and used it for my other hamster who sadly passed away due to heat(don’t worry I now learned from my mistake and keep an ac on there at all times at around 68-69 degrees Fahrenheit . Then when he passed away, I noticed so many little mites that I haven’t noticed before, I blame myself for not checking but I could have sworn there wasn’t any mites before(the mites probably came out because of the heat) anyways so I concluded that the mites were from the carefresh. I use kaytee clean and cozy overall I just sprinkled some carefresh on my late dwarf hamster’s cage. After he passed, I cleaned and disinfected everything and I took the lid and just placed it on the floor(it was a detolf diy lid). So then idk why but one day I put the lid on the wall touching my syrian’s cage. And a day or two later, I noticed a few small black bugs and one large red mite. I quickly took away the lid and threw it away then I put my Syrian in a bin cage and disinfected the cage threw away all the bedding and some stuff that I couldn’t clean and put all the other toys and stuff in the freezer. Anyways to speed the story up, I basically went to two vets and the first one gave me a tick and lice shampoo for cats and dogs and the second one gave me a vitamin drop(idk how that would help). So can anyone plz help me and tell me what to do? Can I order a medicine online or something? Plz help it’s been almost two weeks and I have other hamsters in the room(I got a dwarf hamster and didn’t know she was pregnant and now they’re 4 weeks old so I separated all of them in bin cages) that I can’t interact with as much because of fear that they might get the mites

Last edited by souffle; 06-17-2019 at 04:23 AM. Reason: please check rules
Lunahamster321369 is offline   Reply With Quote