View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:54 AM  
Sara H
Hamster Pup

Smile Pets at Home/Vets for Pets

Hi everyone, I just thought I would share my story about adopting Ray the Robo from PAH. I will shorten as much as I can.

I adopted Ray 5 weeks ago. I didn't realise he had a large lump on his head until the member of staff got him out of his cage. I was then in there an hour with them advising me that he had been checked by the Vet who had given the OK for him to be adopted.

I still wasn't happy with the lump as surly it shouldn't be there so got my boyfriend to take him in the week after. The vet straight away said that Ray had lymphoma. He advised that giving him antibiotics would be a waste of time and that he needed to come in the week later for a ‘fine needle aspiration’ as the lump would most likely continue to grow and eventually kill him due to starvation or suffocation and that he was already very underweight at 24g and should be 60g. I am sure you can understand I was very upset and my boyfriend wasn't very happy with how the vet had handled the situation.

I found a vet recommendation on here and took him to Holly House Vets in Leeds. The vet there trimmed his very over grown nails, treated him for mites and suggested a course pain killers and antibiotics which he took for 3 weeks.

Its been a tough 4 weeks for both of us but the good news is, the large lump/scab came away last week and it looks like it was an abscess. I have included some pictures of his progress.

Please make sure you take your littles ones to a vet you can trust as this situation could have ended very differently without going to Holly House Vets. I cannot thank them enough and Ray is finally living the life he deserves
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ray week 1.jpg (76.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Ray week 3.jpg (116.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Ray week 4.jpg (874.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Ray week 5.jpg (91.3 KB, 18 views)
Sara H is offline   Reply With Quote