Thread: Nugget's thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 01:06 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Nugget's thread

Thanks Ria and Coco. Actually I can't even remember if I took Charlie's wheel out! Nugget is about 22 months old now. Not mega old for a robo. But he has some kind of tumour or lump. He communicates with me by showing me things. So for example recently he sat on his saucer and gave me a particular look - I checked the saucer and it wasn't spinning because food was stuck underneath.

Last week he came out and got onto his wheel but didn't try to run and gave me the same look and then got off again. His lump seemed much bigger and I am guessing it rubs when when he runs on the wheel. And he did look a bit sad because he loved his wheel. The lump is quite mobile and hangs down in loose skin, so I suspect with the angle of the saucer it stays out of the way more.

I do have other toys he'd enjoy, just not sure if it would upset him if I took it out. Had a chat with OH about whether it was time to think about letting him go and OH said not because he does still enjoy his food and gets out and about.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote