View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Double storey furniture layout

Your cage will make a great home for a lucky hamster. The shelves and platforms are easy to attach because they screw on and stay in place. They're versitile because you can place them anywhere. I have a small platform in a corner and my hamster built a second nest underneath it. He rarely walks a straight route across his cage but likes to climb from shelf to shelf, over and through tunnels, under the wheel etc and when placed correctly so he can't hurt himself in case he falls he can safely do so. He's quite agile and has never fallen off as far as i know but with plenty of substrate which reduces the height he can't come to any harm. A lot of hamsters want out of their cage but mine has always been the opposite. It's a job to get him out, sometimes he runs about when out but other times he's really huffy, throws poops about and makes me feel guilty for taking him out.
Here's a photo. I looked at lots of cages here to get ideas. It also depends on the individual hamster what works best. Things that have no purpose or he doesn't use i exchange with something else and see what happens but without great changes or he gets miffed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190601_070752.jpg (3.18 MB, 15 views)
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote