View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 11:09 AM  
Popcornhamham
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Please help hamster driving me insane haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
Hi, In the summer I can let Luna run around the conservatory, but in the winter it is too cold. I tried various boxes and playpens and ended up getting this with my nectar points https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7904044. You could just get a big plastic bin which would be cheaper, but I liked it cos it was on wheels. Luna always tries to escape and climb out, but I try to distract her with scattering food around and things to play with. I also found that if I wrap myself in a blanket, she will spend a long time climbing around and all over me and try to climb up the blanket. It's a nice way to bond with your hamster and hopefully burn off some of that energy. Also, can I ask if you are well enough to manage to get in the bath with her, you may have already tried that as you mentioned the bath, it might mean you distract her enough rather than trying to climb the sides. Also, could you partition an area off with collapsed boxes, if she is anything like my Luna, Luna will eventually nibble her way through the cardboard, but it will keep her entertained for a bit, you just have to keep replacing the boxes.
Hey, I’ve tried putting her in a plastic bin for play time before and she just did the same and scratched at the side and didn’t rlly do much “playing”, with getting in the bath tub my bath is a bit skinny with the taps in a weird place so I can’t really sit in there comfortably with enough room for her to run around and if I’m sat in there too long my legs go into spasm and I can’t get out XD I may try getting in there when my boyfriend come over bc then I know someone will be able to get me out and see if that helps her idk hahah
Popcornhamham is offline   Reply With Quote