View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 01:45 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Online wishlists for setting up your hamster bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
Glad it helped. Thanks for subscribing. I'm trying to think, but I don't think I have had to get rid of anything major yet, and a lot of the stuff I bought has been since last April. I tend to sweep them down with a small brush when I do the big clean, I think I have had to wipe the shelves down and washed the plastic tunnel once and dust it on occasion as dust can gather in the groves, Luna is quite clean because she burrows under her house and does all her toilet stuff there, she also removes her poos from her sleeping area so makes spot cleaning dead easy, I just have to lift her house up when she's not about and clean it all up. As for all the chews and toy hanging things, I kept trying a handful of different ones, and I tend to end up pulling some apart and making something else out of them to get Luna interested in them more. If there is food involved she tends to pay attention! You could try 2 or 3 different types of wooden chews or the carrot shaped woven toys such as this one https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Naturals-...gateway&sr=8-1, it's big but I have found it a great distraction for Luna and maybe a couple of food based ones, but every hamster is different and i think it can be trial and error with the different chew toys, Luna sometimes ignores them for months then all of a sudden she starts to chew one. I used the Tiny Friends Farm bathing sand, but i have read a few reviews lately wher epeople suspect it's formula has changed and it might not be so good for hammies anymore, I need to investigate more and get this replaced, I think you can use children's or reptile sand but need to get the correct one, check out victoria raechels video on sandbaths https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s6EBowqxac. The sand lasts me a long time as Luna doesn't use her sand bath as a toilet, i know other peoples hamsters do, so I guess it will depend on what your hamster does. Hope this helps.
Thank you tons! Thank you for patiently taking me through this all. I want to do a bulk order so will get a variety of toys and alternate. Will watch the video about the sand. Will also get some wooden items.
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote