View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 01:20 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Online wishlists for setting up your hamster bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonmcn View Post
Honestly, most people end up getting decent hamster stuff online anyway even when you're not in Saudi lol decent pet shops are few and far between all over the world it seems.

It'll depend where can ship to you, I use mostly zooplus.co.uk or zooplus.ie, sometimes viovet.co.uk and amazon. If you can get zooplus to ship to you (They have a turkish site which might be the best one to try?) that would be you sorted. They do basically anything you need and are really good value.

For a syrian a 12"/ 28cm wheel isn't really optional. I like the wooden trixie wheels (on both zooplus and amazon). The rest is ALL optional, make toys yourself out of lollypop sticks and cardboard boxes, bits of driftwood or old skirting boards, whatever. They like foraging and digging and tunnelling so once you have a wheel and a good depth of bedding the rest is all extra. No ham is miserable because they don't have a seesaw or a log cabin.
Oh right...forgive my ignorance. Thank you for informing me that I'm not alone in finding hamster related items and that others rely on online as well. I will look into zooplus...that would be great if they ship my way.

Will ensure that I get a 12inch wheel. I'm struggling to find a plastic bin big enough at the hardware stores in my area but haven't been to them all so will keep looking. There was a great cage with a deep base but it was 77cmx47cm so not big enough and was expensive...was shocked - 420sar!
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote