Thread: Hi all!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 09:38 AM  
Talie
Newborn Pup

Smile Hi all!

Hello everyone, I'm excited to be a new member here! My name is Natalie and I'm 18 years old. I recently purchased a lovely 16 week old Syrian hamster with a "calico" coloring (also known as white tort, I believe? she's got orange, black, and white fur in a beautiful pattern) who I've named Freya. Before purchasing her and even more so now that I have her, I was and am doing a lot of research and found myself on Hamster Central quite often viewing posts as a guest. Naturally I decided I should register on here, as this is my first time actually being responsible for a hamster and I want to do everything I can to give her the best life possible. It'll also be really nice to have a place to come to ask any questions I have, haha.

When I was younger my family rescued an older dwarf hamster named Lola, and she was as sweet as could be but unfortunately only lived for about a year after we got her. Obviously I didn't have much responsibility as a child for Lola considering I was like 8 or 9 years old, but now that I'm older I felt like I could handle taking on another so I bought Freya from a small, locally owned pet store. So far I'm happy to say that she's doing great!

Other than our new addition, my family has 4 dachshunds (3 males, one female) and one female tabby cat as well as a freshwater aquarium. All of our pets excluding the fish have been rescues. We've had numerous dogs and cats throughout the years as well as one guinea pig and even hermit crabs. We love our pets very dearly. They're family.

Other than that, there's not much more to say. I love to paint, specifically with watercolors, and I also love music and singing. Before deciding not to pursue college, I wanted to be in Music Education actually. I consider myself a Pagan and am really into Norse mythology, hence Freya's name. I'm from Kentucky but have been to Germany, England, Switzerland, Italy, France, Austria, and Liechtenstein (via the KY Ambassadors Of Music) Oh, and speaking of music, I adore P!nk!
...so there's some random information about me.

As I previously said, I'm really excited to be here and to continue learning about hamster care and interacting with everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Here's Freya:
FullSizeRender-04-06-19-12-32.jpg

Last edited by souffle; 06-05-2019 at 03:25 AM. Reason: personal pics not advised
Talie is offline   Reply With Quote