View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:30 AM  
Schwartzie
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Holes in bin cage not mesh and correct size

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacassei View Post
The general recommended minimum is 70x40cm for a russian dwarf or Chinese, 80x50cm for a male syrian or robo, and 100x50cm for a female Syrian. The largest Samla bin is okay for a Russian if you mesh the lid. There are also larger DIY cages you can make out of IKEA furniture such as the Linnmon cage or the Detolf hack.

Unfortunately platforms do not count towards overall floor space but I do like to add them to my cages as an extra space for my hammies to explore.

I have a cat as well as 7 hamsters and while she has never shown interest in the hamsters and my hamsters arent stressed out by her presence, I don’t feel comfortable leaving her in a room alone with the hamsters as she still has the instincts to hunt.
Thanks so much for the dimensions. We live in a small villa and space is limited. Would it be ok if I used my original bin of 59cmx48cm and then placed another one on top of it with a tube between the two? I will also be able to get it out of the way of the cats if it takes up that space.

I will then place mesh on the one side with the tubes connecting or is it better to connect the two bins from the ceiling and floor?
Schwartzie is offline   Reply With Quote