View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 11:23 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Charlie's flower bed

I will! You can just see the rose bush (twig with leaves) in the foreground of the last photo - and some weeds! The bulbs had all finished so I put some pansies/bedding plants in. You can see the primrose is still there though. There is also a new heather plant at the front but that has gone brown now - might move it somewhere else if it's going to be brown most of the year!

Also my sage plant is now two years old and has had no flowers! Anyone know why? My last sage plant had lovely purple flowers on that attracted bees.

The leafy weeds which come back each spring en masse, I have identified as creeping Elder - it's a total pain - the roots have runners and have choked a couple of smaller original plants. I gave the bed a good weeding before the bulbs came out and tried to get most of the runners out this year, but seem to have removed a few bulbs at the same time!

The cowslips didn't survive but the ones in the front garden are proliferating. So I'm sticking with bulbs, hardy shrubs and bedding plants for the bed for now.

I didn't photograph it when the bulbs were out as the weather was a bit miserable but there were a few snowdrops, the primrose and the grape hyacinths. Also planted some dwarf hyacinth bulbs for next year.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 06-03-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote