View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 10:18 AM  
Jaysephine86
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Behaviour change after an escape

Great thanks again for the tips- loads of brill ideas!! I'll send a photo when it's all done; just had a little top up of hidey places from Amazon. It makes sense to give him more space to play/hide in a covert fashion rather than running in the open imagining the birds are after him!

While you've both mentioned hamster bathrooms, this is one that is frustrating me: getting Alan to wee in a tray or something that can be kept clean. He currently does a handstand against a corner and wees down it. It has stained the cage bottom and obviously is not perfectly cleanable. I've tried a tray. Serendipity on your recommendation I've ordered another, that corner one which i hope might be better for him. Based on other posts I've ordered some sand hoping that might encourage him too. I had tried the litter from the pet shop but that looks like a no go for health so removed it sharpish and Alan didn't use it anyway. He tried to eat it, not ideal and even though i put some soiled bedding on the first tray and into the corner he usually wees in, he was having none of it and just changed his wee corner. Any idea what i could do next?

Thanks everyone for all your advice!!
Jaysephine86 is offline   Reply With Quote