View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 05:37 PM  
Sarahbuts03
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Anyone with experience making a raised roof for the Detolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by instaj92 View Post
Hi guys,

As the title suggest I'm looking for anyone with experience in making a raised roof for the Detolf. I have it all set up and waiting but want to get a proper raised lid sorted first so he can have a nice big wheel and a nice deep layer of hemp, etc.

I know of this one but he's pretty vague on the details and measurements - Naturnahe Hamstergehege: Detolf mit Aufsatz für Goldhamster

If anyone has any ideas would be great, plan on heading to B&Q tomorrow or Thursday.

Cheers.

Hi,
I was the same wanting more head height for my detolf. Being rubbish at making stuff and also not wanting to pay out a lot , I choose to attach an old cage lid to the detolfs inside wire, as well as the three shelves. The shelves I attached using self adhesive cable clips.
You could even add two lids, and one glass shelf between if you wamted to.

I'll pop some pics to show what I managed to come up with

I still need to get a platform and some hanging bits, but thats another reason I like this way of doing it. Instead of it being an empty raised space, it is another level for my hamster to play and explore in. 😊

Sorry I know you asked a different question, but just thought I'd share a different option 🤗

X
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190601_124133.jpg (3.58 MB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20190601_180140.jpg (4.62 MB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20190601_184210.jpg (4.21 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20190601_184204.jpg (4.45 MB, 22 views)
Sarahbuts03 is offline   Reply With Quote