View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 01:03 PM  
merlin
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Syrian Hamster Behaviour

Thank you Serendipity, Ria, and Flowerfairy! Your posts made my day! I loved hearing about Henry, what a character, your story made me laugh out loud. Arthur also gets so grumpy like Henry when he sees things moved in a way that he doesn't like. I've started to conclude that one sign of a well-cared for hamster is a grumpy, fussy, spoiled one, because they feel comfortable that they can be that way. Thank you for your kind words too, Arthur has quite a face doesn't he? I also think he looks wise and quite handsome. Serendipity I actually didn't know that hamsters had two stomachs until you told me! That's what I love about being able to discuss with other hammie parents. We're really just at the tip of the iceberg in our understanding of any animal (including ourselves) and what motivates them and their complexities. And sadly, there are few scientists that devote themselves to studying and publishing research about hamsters, so it's up to us to do so as "citizen scientists." Hamsters are such wonderful creatures to get to know, and I delight so much in learning about them. Like your Henry Ria, and as you say Serendipity, hammies love to organize things, and get so fussy about rearranging and when we giant clumsy hoomins put things out of order. I just love their sweet, grumpy, fussy selves. They may be tiny, but they are truly giant when it comes to personality.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote