View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 12:56 AM  
Angkeats
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Advice appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoandmimi View Post
To be honest I’d say 80g is very large for a winter white - he does sound over weight tbh and even the 69g one is on the large side. But without seeing them it’s impossible to say how bad it is.
What food are they on? That can make a huge difference. Maybe try them on the rodipet hybrid mix - I put my chubby robo on that and she slimmed down wonderfully. Ones like the burgess mix I’ve found can make them pile on weight quite quickly regardless of what the % breakdown says.
Final thing is - they are winter whites or have that colouring, and WWs really are quite solitary. Fights might not be happening now but there could well still be signs of dominance, but the fall out rate of WW pairs is so high and can be so sudden that most places now consider them a solitary species. So honestly I would be separating them now rather than later so you don’t run that risk. That way you can also monitor their weights better.
I have actually seperated them now as they had a fight and I can see from research it's (pretty) inevitable they will fall out.
Last night the larger of the two was far more active I do wonder now if he was bullied into the hut and not getting enough exercise, although I did see him on the wheel.
They were being fed "Bunny" Dwarf hamster mix and I had purchased the Burgess pellets which I integrated but will be looking to introduce Science Selective pellets also.
They do both look overweight unfortunately but they are getting good care now so hopefully that will improve.
Thank you for the advice
Angkeats is offline   Reply With Quote