View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 03:07 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Syrian Hamster Behaviour

I agree they are special and underestimated. With the poops - it was our last syrian and I wasn't that up on hamster care initially. I didn't used to put much in his food bowl and often left it empty until I filled it up the next evening. As I understand it, poops are emergency food - I suspect he did it because he feared there was a food shortage so always left some poops in the bowl so he didn't have to feel anxious about nothing to eat (they do eat their poops sometimes for extra nutrients, if you didn't know already - they have two stomachs and can redigest nutrients from the poops).

They have nice little habits and do like rearranging things - it is fascinating why he puts things back in his food bowl. They all have different personalities. Our current hamster is a gannet and eats everything that doesn't move ha ha. Or hoards it anyway.

I honestly can't remember how I did the signature - it took a lot of fiddling around. I used some online programme for the background and then uploaded that to a card making program I think - and then shrunk it I think. Someone on here used to do the signatures but was having a break so I had a go at doing my own.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote