View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:01 AM  
Superpaws
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Desperately Need Help

Guys, I know what some people think about cages with bars. But I always let the hamster choose what cage they want to bee in. I have also noticed this 25 years i have had hamsters, that, not all of them want to bee in big cage. I have had hamsters that has literally been scared to their wits moving in to a large cage to live there. And only calmed down when moving to a smaller cage. Not all humans wants to live in a large mansion, same goes with hamsters, not all of them like to live in big cages. Some hamsters rather live in a cage that has the size of a small duna, that many use for dwarf hamsters 58x 65 cm etc. I bought my pet hamster that I named Dusty from pet store. He was living in a glass tank! Dusty literally HATES cages that are similar to tanks,such as duna's. He gets very grumpy then and gives me the look "If look could kill". He is happiest in a cage with bars. This cage is low so, the drop when he climbs when playing tarzan wont hurt him, plus he is more of a wheel o holic rather than a tarzan.. The hamster that has not wanted to bee in a cage that looks like a tank or similar to a tank,like a Duna, have always started to chew or dig so much that they have started to bleed from their fingers. Not all hamsters wants to bee in a cage that looks like a tank or similar to a glass tank, like a duna. Then it does not matter how much toys you have. They just do not want to live there...That is why I always have both cages with bars and cages that looks like a glass tank, like a Duna available...
Superpaws is offline   Reply With Quote