View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 03:19 PM  
LilRussianRebel
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Desperately Need Help

All of those links look great! And I'd been searching for a little house like that for a while but couldn't find a big enough one to fit her. Never even thought to consider something like a rabbit sized house.

I do live in the UK yes, I have considered Fitch before but wasn't thrilled on the appearance and how well it maintained itself really, but I might consider buying some and possibly doing a mix of the two?

The cage I'm not too worried about her getting out as it seems to be the thick wood on the corner she chews at most rather than the thin piece which is good, and my parents suggested using what melamine I had left from my Dwarfs upgrade to block off the corners, I have a decent amount of it left so I could try making a house out of that as well as some corner blocks maybe?

She does have a sandbath she regularly goes in but I recently changed it to an open bath, using a ceramic garden pot thing, hard to explain, as the pot she was using before was too small for her to do anything in. The sand I use is child play sand? not sure if that's right at all but I did read somewhere that it was better than dust for their respiratory systems.

The only reason why I'm using kitchen towel at the moment is because it was given to me by another family member, they thought it'd be good for their nests and it was convientient at the time given I'd run out of tissue, I'm also slightly concerned with some of the bleach and chemicals that are used in toilet paper, so thought again that kitchen towel was a little better.

I'm still learning and its great to know what to improve on, we all make mistakes.

Looks like I have a few conversations to make with my parents and then I'll have plenty of shopping to do when my next sum on money comes in, hopefully if I try some of the things suggested it might make things a bit easier for her.

She does live in my room and does disturb me when she chews that's why if been getting so frustrated with her, but hopefully I can try some things and maybe they will work, if not then I guess she will just be a chewer, which is obnoxious given I dont get a lot of sleep but hey ho, over time I'm sure I'll become accustomed to it lol.

Thank you so much for your time and advice
I was really stressing about this earlier wondering if anyone would have had a similar experience to me and if they would be able to help. So thank you so much!
LilRussianRebel is offline   Reply With Quote