View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 02:25 PM  
LilRussianRebel
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Desperately Need Help

I'll try and get a picture tomorrow, had a few things going on today.

I usually clean her out once every 4-5 weeks, I don't spot clean too often to be perfectly honest because it's such a nightmare of a cage to clean in one go, let alone every few days. I know that's pretty selfish. When she gets cleaned I do try and add some of the cleanest bits of her old bedding back in but it doesnt seem to do much to comfort her, I don't clean her toys the same day and her wheel gets cleaned as and when it becomes dirty which unlike a lot of hamsters, hers is pretty clean most of the time.

To fill her cage with the appropriate amount of bedding would cost me nearly half of what I earn currently, so I do try to provide her with digging boxes and large amounts of bedding in the corners for nesting, plus she gets kitchen towel to use for nesting material. I use carefresh natural, the large bags and to afford two of them a month as I also use the same amount for my dwarf, is rather expensive.

With regards to the boxes, she usually prefers destroying them over actually using them to dig around in and sleep in, she did hide in one today for a while however but has since returned to her usual spot beneath the shelf.

I admit I'm not the best at dealing with her outbursts at stupid times in the morning, especially when they last for literal hours, I wouldnt mind but she's staying out well into the light of the morning which I didn't think was normal. She was almost out for a solid 12 hours today.

It has been getting hotter recently and my room isn't the best ventilated even despite having two Windows and it has seem to have gotten worse since the heat has started, but the heat also brings out the absolute idiots in the neighbours next door that are forever slamming doors and playing loud music so was wondering if the vibration could be an issue too? Or a contributing factor at least as her cage sits on the floor.

Thank you so much for the reply so far, it really is so much appreciated!
LilRussianRebel is offline   Reply With Quote