Thread: Mistress Poppy
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:22 AM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Mistress Poppy

With the demise of Ghost, we hate to have an empty cage as Hams are such wonderful little creatures (wish they would live longer) so we have acquired a new fur friend.
The new family addition is called Mistress Poppy or just Poppy for short.
She is a single colour like a biscuit colour I suppose and have no idea whet that is called into hamster circles.
I will leave her to express her thoughts.

Hello apparently I have to speak to you all, this Giant biped who has captured me has said I must say some thing.
So there I was quietly sleeping not bothering anybody when I was rudely awoken by some one lifting off my nest top, I sat up with quite a start and showed them my paws and teeth (I yawned) ((Yes Poppy you looked like a little boxer))
Be quiet Biped thing I am talking, well getting back to my story I was looked at by these two giants and then can you believe it I was handled, yes handled well I didn't know what to do so I remained calm, and let them I actually climbed onto the really big giant bipeds paws which are enormous, they made noises that seemed ok one of them was making softish noises so I imagine that was ok, I didn't get eaten or anything like that.
I was put back and they went away, it didn't seem five ham mins before they where back, and did it again this time I was a little miffed to say the least, so I tried a tentative nibble of the giants paw appendage, yes that taught it and it was taken away in short order.
I was left alone and then they came back a third time and I was bodily, yes bodily removed from my little tiny home and put in this strange receptacle, so I tried to escape, but there was a top brought down and I was trapped so I stood up and had my nose pressed to the little openings, I wanted out and also wanted to know what was happening.
I was then transported in a thingy with a dark cover over my transport device all the time the giant Biped was making or rather trying make soothing noises as we where clearly moving at quite some pace.
After a while I was taken into a cool darker place he called a dining room ( are they going to eat me?)
Many Ham minutes passed before I was coaxed from my small receptacle into a huge new place, which has deep flooring to dig in, a giant spinney thing for me to run on and lots of other things too and it has a sand bath oh joy of joys, well I won't let the giant know I am quite happy but will run about the new place and climb and jump and stay awake for hours and hours.
Poppy hand the lap top back please, so Poppy seems quite at home in her new cage seeing as it is so large compared to the tiny enclosures they are kept in at P@H she is quite the climber and super active, though even though she has a nice new house to sleep in she has chosen to build a small nest between her house and the wheel...
She is a very pretty little thing and seems to have quite a character already, she was much larger than the others on offer at P@H and estimated her age to be 10-12 weeks, interesting times lie ahead I think.
Photos will follow once she sits still long enough to grab a shot or two.
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote