View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 10:00 PM  
muddlecuffins
Newborn Pup

Default Genetics Query - Yellow & Cream

Hi, first and foremost I’d like to explain that there is no pedigree in my country and cream is heavily embedded in all lines. Due to poor health, temperament and type present, it is my goal to breed healthy and good temperament along with a good type than colours. Although it is one of my less prioritized goal to breed out the cream in the next years. Hence, the below mating.

Sire: Yellow Black
• Ancestry: Mainly Yellow, Black, Cinnamon, Cream
Dam: Sable DS
• Ancestry:
Her Sire - Sable (Grandparents: Sable x BEC)
Her Dam - Cream* DS Ba (Grandparents: Black DS x Dove Ba Tort Satin)
Her Siblings - All Sable w/wo DS Ba

Pups yield from this litter:
Sable (M)
Yellow* (F)
Yellow* DS (F)
Doves (Culled by mom hence unsure of genders)

This is where it gets confusing as with a Yellow male and non-Yellow female, it should have yield non-yellow males and tortoiseshell females. But neither females have patches. However would it be that the dam of this litter, my supposed Sable DS to be a tort, it would make better sense having yellow females. Then again, there was no tort patch to begin with nor am I able to find anything on sable getting a chance of being tort due to masking from cream but if it is possible, please let me know!

I understand this is why it is not encouraged to throw cream and umbrous into yellow, but colour is not my priority for this litter. Another possibility is that the yellows are actually cream, but their coloring look more like yellow (carrying cream) as opposed to being cream alone. If they are yellow, the theory of yellow males yielding tortoiseshell females would be false too?

Thanks for reading, I own the dam of the litter - sable ds perhaps I could upload some pics once I figured out how and the other genetic history are gathered from previous breeders where no proper records were kept. Shows how important record keeping is lol! Xx
muddlecuffins is offline   Reply With Quote