Thread: Philomena
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 12:05 PM  
Hope
Retired Moderator

Default Philomena

So this is my lovely Philomena. I have left the files as attachments as when I embed them they are massive and I can't work out how to resize them on my phone! But hopefully you get the idea!

She is from the adoption section in p@h and had been in there for several weeks. First time I saw her we had a bit of a 'moment' and her name litreally just popped into my head. She listened to me as i spoke to her through the glass and i told her I was sorry but i couldn't take her and someone would be along soon to give her a new home. I kept going in and she was always still there. She is such a cutie I thought she would have been snapped up in no time but no. No one came. I said to my oh that its such a shame because i have everything she needs but i just dont have the space. So some days passed and it suddenly dawned on me that no one was taking her because she was waiting for me. Oh said i could keep her at his as he has an unused spare room where she would be safe and quiet and i was more than welcome to use the room for her if its what i wanted so I went home and got everything ready for her high tailed it back to the store and got her!

So I brought her home last Tuesday and she has done absolutely nothing I expected her to do! She decided an excellent place for her nest was behind her house not in it, hamstered around her new cage like she had been in it for years, she refused all fruit in favour of veg and chewed a hole in the track of her irreplaceable wodent wheel...anything else I could replace but not the wheel!! I have attached a photo of the damage and that was on day 1!

Since then we have made progress and she is now properly nesting underneath a big edible leaf shelter and has burrowed right down and made a massive nest, she is peeing in her sand like a good girl and seems much more content with a big wooden trixie wheel. I haven't tried taming yet as I'm conscious that she has spent a long time 'institutionalised' and want her to feel comfortable before we progress. I have a feeling she might be a chewer... so I have a big glass tank on standby although the chew marks in the corner are courtesy of matilda so can't blame Phil for those although I'm worried they do look very tempting!

Would be interested on thoughts on her colouring. She is roan-y but in the light she is almost sparkly- tricky to capture on a photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20190511-WA0001.jpg (174.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20190509-WA0004.jpg (131.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20190510-WA0002.jpg (263.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20190510-WA0003.jpg (189.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20190510-WA0000.jpg (243.7 KB, 23 views)