View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 07:59 AM  
rowan22
Hamster Pup

Default Re: chewed through cage base!!

I tried the more substrate method - she just dug through it and chewed it even bigger in the space of 10 minutes! It's in the corner, on the top part of the base just below the lip of the base - so I can't put anything on top of it. I've temporarily put a coconut hide in the corner to cover it up and have tried to dig it into the substrate as much as possible so she can't move it - i would get a picture but I don't want to move that for a while to see if it works! I get home from work tonight at 3am - if she's moved it and chewed even more by then im going to go to a hardware store and try to get a piece of wood to cover it up but I'm not sure how I'd attach it to the cage. (i'll also get a temporary bin cage just to prepare for the worst!!). I know its hard to visualise so i'll get a picture tomorrow. Hopefully the coconut hide being in the way will deter her for a while until I can find a solution. I put 4 new chews in the cage too. It's so annoying! is there any kind of safe stuff i could maybe rub on the cage that they dont like the taste of?
rowan22 is offline   Reply With Quote