View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 05:20 AM  
rowan22
Hamster Pup

Question chewed through cage base!!

Hi all,
my hamster has began to chew a hole through her cage base. She's in the barney cage which she seems otherwise happy in - she never chews bars or anything. I only bought this cage about a month ago so it's not ideal that she's chewed a hole in it already - I was planning for this to be her permanent cage until I move out of student accommodation in 1 year.
She has plenty of chew toys - wicker baskets, cardboard tubes, whimzees (medium crocs and the small toothbrushes - only one at a time of course) and she also has a carrot chew thing attached to the bars and a grass chewy thing dangling from the roof of the cage. I've just ordered her some more chews which are set to arrive in a couple of days but I'm worried she's just going to make the hole bigger in the mean time - I'm off out now to buy her some more bedding to fill the cage base right up so that she can't get to the plastic but is there anything else i can do in the meantime? she's really not a huge chewer to be honest, even whimzees, which i thought hamsters go crazy for, don't interest her that much. But for some reason she loves to chew her brand new £65 cage!! ugh. classic. Any help would be really appreciated!!
rowan22 is offline   Reply With Quote