View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 02:55 AM  
buttercuplols
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hesper - The Evening Star

Hi all. Hope everyone is well?

Not been well and had a mad time with many things recently but one thing helping me keep my cool is Hesper! She is doing great and comes out pretty much every morning and night now and actively seeks me out if she hears me come in the room now which is very cute! She tried millet spray the other day which is by far her new favourite! She seems to have gone off a lot of the fresh stuff I was giving her though but maybe she's just being an awkward teenager now.

I haven't weighed her in a while but if anything she looks a little chubby now so I'm not worried by her tinyness anymore! I've also noticed her nails are getting a little long and she's still really zoomy so I've not had any joy trying to clip them a tiny bit like I did with my old hamster. I don't want to risk catching the quick if she moves suddenly so may have to pop to the vets soon. She's got slate and things in there and is plenty active but the outer two nails on the front toes don't seem as worn as the others. Just something I'm keeping an eye on for the mo as I have a bigger concern...

Madi (my cat) has developed dermatitis and although the vet can't see fleas they can see flea poo/evidence so I have checked Hesper who is fine (no fleas) but I need to deflea the cat early again and the whole house to be sure. Does anyone know after using Indorex how long I should keep Hesper out of the house? And should I take her tank out altogether or just cover the roof? It's a huge setup to move and I have a very narrow staircase to get it down and no car to move it so I would have to completely dismantle, taxi to a friends, reset it all up and then the reverse. Trying to work out the least traumatic way of dealing with the situation for all concerned. If it's only a few hours I'm inclined to move her to her carrier. If it's a day or two, maybe buy a smaller temporary cage and if it's long I will have to do the whole thing I guess?

Advice would be very appreciated if anyone has any.

Many thanks and apologies for the absence.

Lols X
buttercuplols is offline   Reply With Quote