View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 01:59 PM  
Momotarou
Newborn Pup

Lightbulb Fading Fur Colors/Markings

Hello!
My roborovski hamster Momo has always been more on the curious/affectionate side since I got him, so I'm not complaining about taming difficulties today haha

His fur has developed some white spots on his markings which kind of gives it a fading-effect. It's obvious that his coat type is pied/mottled but I thought that only white-faced robos sometimes turned white over time. :/ He used to have a greyish color when he was smaller though.

I was just curious if any of you have experienced anything similar before, since I haven't read about anything like this on the internet yet 0:

I will link some pictures for you of how he looked like when I first got him (in his pink transport box) and how he looks now. I don't think he looks worse though, actually his spot on his back looks a lot like a heart now and it's absolutely adorable

He's about 6-7 months old now and shouldn't turn white because of age. He has a pretty balanced diet with the occasional fresh fruit/vegetable and mealworms. He measures about 6 cm and weighs 23 grams.

We're working on tricks as well!! Might include a gif of his current progress of standing up

https://pasteboard.co/Id2rlYM.gif
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190503-221825_Video Player.jpg (536.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190418-105016_Video Player.jpg (515.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20190401_063454.jpg (1.58 MB, 14 views)
Momotarou is offline   Reply With Quote