View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 08:52 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Humbug

Like I have mentioned in Liquorice's thread - apologies for my absence from the forum as I have been very busy but will try to find time to post more frequently.

Humbug’s Haven – Linnmon/Utrusta DIY Cage

Ever since adopting Humbug I had been trying to plan and design a nice DIY cage for him – I took inspiration from VanillaHamHam’s Linnmon cage however made my own alterations to the design including putting a window in one of the sides as where I have his cage is by my door into my bedroom so wanted to be able to see into his cage when walking into my bedroom – so I wouldn’t startle him by accident plus I quite like being able to spy on both Humbug and Liquorice from another room across the hallway. Humbug’s cage is a Linnmon/Utrusta DIY – so his cage measures 100x60x60cm – using Linnmon table tops for the base and back of the cage whereas the two ends are the utrusta shelves as they are melamine board (so unlike the linnmon table tops don’t have a corrugated card inside).

Buggy’s cage took just over a week to build – had a few challenges like my acrylic not sliding into my U channels are easily as I had wanted and having to come up with solutions to issues as I went along. His cage cost a bit more than I had planned (around £120 – although worth every penny) but my cut to size acrylic cost around £50. But the main thing is he is loving his new cage and the space he has available – even though he a lazy boy he has the space if he want to explore and have fun – plus I have more space to add enrichment and also love that his cage now matches Liquorice’s and my bedroom furniture.

So here is a photo of Humbug cage mid construction and it final set up (with Humbug for size comparison)…

Fur Transformation

Last time I posted an update for Buggy he beginning to change back from his winter coat to his summer – it has been so fascinating watching the change – he doesn’t look like it possible that he can be the same hamster! I don’t believe he got his full summer coat yet as it still looks fairly light – but we will see but he still super adorable and sweet. Photos from the midst of his transformation.

Easter Photoshoot

Like with previous year I got both Buggy and Liquorice Easter eggs and did a photoshoot. Well Buggy wasn’t entirely sure what to do with the easter egg he just looked at me very confused however once cracked he was happy to have a nibble and realise the confusing egg was in fact very tasty …

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote