View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 05:43 AM  
Courtflash
Newborn Pup

Question Best hamster food mix in the UK?

TL;DR at the bottom!

Hi guys. I live in London with five robo's and I've been feeding them a mix of something called Witte Molen Puur hamster food and Supreme Petfoods Science Selective Hamster, as well as added mealworms and fresh vegetables every few days.

However, I realised today that I haven't been paying proper attention to the protein, fat and fibre intake of my hamsters. I checked Hamster Hideout, but I can't seem to find a good food mix that doesn't have some sort of questionable ingredient and there doesn't seem to be that much variety here in the UK. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I'd appreciate some help, because my four robo boys have been sneezing since I first got them in October, and it hasn't stopped since. I've tried 4 different kinds of bedding, and they've had all sorts of antibiotics, but nothing has made a difference. Although I haven't seen/heard two of them sneeze for a few months, the other two sneeze constantly (no mucus oddly enough), and I have no idea why.

My one female robo hasn't had even a little sniffle, which makes me think it's an allergy rather than some kind of infection. I want to change their food to see if it's possibly what they're eating that's causing the sneezing.

Apologies for the paragraph.

TL;DR
Please help me find a healthy food mix I can get in the UK. If possible, please include the amount of protein, fat and fibre in the mix, as well as if it contains any added sugars or risky preservatives.
Courtflash is offline   Reply With Quote