Thread: Hamster wheel
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:23 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Hamster wheel

I reckon the best wheel for that cage - and space saving is the 11" wodent wheel attached to the bars - then you have no issues with the stand and the curved base it is also the most compact of the 11" wheels so doesn't stick out too far. It actually spins well like that (with a few cable ties to keep the stand stable on the bars). I had the larger wobust wheel hung upside down like this and it worked well. As the Criceti is top opening you can't really hang it from the roof but you can attach the stand to the side bars instead.

The main issue is wodent wheels are hard to get hold of. Sometimes petplanet have them - otherwise Rodipet sell them but there is the postage cost on top of the price.

Have a look at this thread. The last photo is my wobust wheel attached to the bars.You do the same thing but instead of the stand being outside on top, it is roundthe side bars. So you slot the spindle through the rear of the cage bars and stand goes round the corner and sits up against the side bars where you attach it with cable ties.

suspending wheels

Advantages: Frees up floor space and substrate under the wheel. Wheel sits closer to the bars so makes more room generally. They spin better attached to the bars. They are more stable attached to the bars.

There's a photo of one attached to the side bars on this page - two small photos near the bottom. The left photo shows the stand on the side of the cage, the right photo shows the stand on top ofthe cage.

GliderGossip - How do I hang a Wodent Wheel?

Seems petplanet have discontinued them so only rodipet sells them now. Choose your colour - they have lots. The wheels last a long time too.

https://www.rodipet.co.uk/exercise-wheels/wodent-wheel/
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote