Thread: Food, hoarding
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 05:03 PM  
nathalia

Smile Food, hoarding

Hi, I’m new to his haha. Well I just got my Dwarf Winter White hamster three days ago so I’m pretty new to this and I honestly want this best my little winter. She takes little nibbles at her food and I’ve done endless research on what food is best but I just dont know. Currently I’ve seen a lot of people mention Higgins Sunburst Gourment blend and Mazuri Rat and Mouse diet get mixed. they say like 2 pellets or so and 1 tbs of sun burst to balance out the protien since Higgins SunBurst doesnt have as much. Winter isnt really eating the Rat and Mouse diet and only what she wants. Which from my research I have found out some hamsters are picky. but it worries me because I don’t know if she’s eating this at all. I wanted to know if anyone had any food suggestions that include good amounts of protien and everything else needed for her diet? Or anything else any other suggestions are happily welcomed(:

My second question is , what do i do with the food winter has hoarded if I need to clean her cage? I don’t want to ruin anything that is what she normally does , and If she has hoarded food, do i add more food to her bowl or let her finish what she has hoarded? I just dont want to over feed her but I dont want her to starve her self some how unintentionally. I hope all this makes sense!!!
nathalia is offline   Reply With Quote