View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 AM  
FurryBabyMama
Hamster Pup

Default Goodbye Fred. :( <3

My Syrian, Fred, didn't wake up yesterday. He was going to turn 3 years old this month. I'd had him since July 2016. He was my first hamster, and I got him to help me deal with my fertility issues. But I never knew just how strong our bond would be. I've known for a couple of days that he was at the very end, but I'm still so sad. I feel like I'll never have the same bond with another hamster. He was so calm and cuddly, he would curl up in my lap and fall asleep all the time, and every time I went into the room his cage is in he'd be sat on his little step by his cage door waiting for his cuddles. He was just so special, he's what started my love of hamsters. I got a dwarf hamster, Elfie, (she passed in February) a few months after getting him. So ever since 2016 I've always had at least two hamsters, the most I had at one point was 5. But now I've only got one, my 1 year old Syrian, Milka, who I got last July. He's lovely, but he's just not Fred. It feels so empty walking into the room and seeing only 1 set up cage.

My 1 and a half year old daughter keeps going up to his empty cage and looking for him. We'd had him for her entire life. She loved watching him. It's making me even sadder.
I'll miss you so much Fred. <3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160918_230908.jpg (348.3 KB, 22 views)