Thread: Help my wheel
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 03:54 PM  
chloeeruth98
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Help my wheel

Hi there! Looks rather complicated tbh... I'd tend to agree with Serendipity, and say try another wheel. The Kaytee comfort wheel unfortunately gave me many sleepless nights and drove me to distraction through 2 walls...!! I'd say if budget and shipping availability allows, the best wheel by far for a Syrian is the Karlie Wonderland 12" cork lined wheel (the Trixie 12" wooden cork lined wheel is also equivalent I believe). It's literally been a life changer for my Syrian girl maisie, who absolutely loves it! It's totally silent, it has a large steady base, and moves very smoothly, so Syrians especially can run properly in a correct posture with no risk of strain on any part of their body due to tilt/wobble/size restrictions. I'd definitely say go with the cork lined ones though and seal them with a non-toxic sealant (to make cleaning easier), as the wheels with wooden grip strips can be rather tough on some hamsters feet and cause some bumble foot unless they're very very smoothly finished. Hope that helps!

◇ hammy Mum to Wintergreen ◇
Maisie, no longer with me, but forever in my ♡
chloeeruth98 is offline   Reply With Quote