Thread: Good Cage?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 06:51 PM  
mapfef
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Good Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I didn't think they made a 10" silent spinner! Actually girls often tend to be much larger. A 10" diameter wheel may be fine though. Main thing is it has a solid surface and isn't a mesh wheel.

Ah yes they do! Must be a new size - however - I wouldn't buy one without testing it first. Silent Spinners have had an issue in recent years - whereby they just don't spin very well! They are stiff and hamsters can't push them sometimes - it's since a manufacturing change. If you've ordered it online then check it out when it arrives and if it seems stiff and not free-spinning I would send it back for a refund.

It isn't silent either - they can be quite rattly!

Had a look on Amazon.ca. They do sell the 8.5" (21.6cm) comfort wheel which might be big enough, depending on how big your hamster grows. That definitely isn't silent but it's an ok wheel.

https://www.amazon.ca/Kaytee-Hamster...gateway&sr=8-6
I had a winter white dwarf hamster in the past and I used the 6 inch silent spinner and it worked perfect for her it was a little noisy but she loved to run on that thing i had no problems with it spinning and her back was not arched at all ( she was a very small dwarf hamster) I did see the comfort wheel but I was just worried if I did happen to get a larger syrian it would be very much to small and I wouldn’t want to have to get a bigger one later.
mapfef is offline   Reply With Quote