View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 10:53 AM  
Peppermintmocha
Newborn Pup

Default Re: multiple heat cycles/14 days pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by souffle View Post
It usually takes longer than 5 mins - more like 20-25mins to get a successful mating. If you can't feel bulges she is likely not pregnant. Sometimes mating does upset the cycle and they can go off schedule for a bit.
As you are doing wait it out till 17 days just in case.
There is no reason to wait after a failed mating or to assume she is not fertile. I think on average we usually have about 3 matings before they catch. Obviously if you are trying about 7 or 8 times there may be an issue and you may want to try another male.
What age is she? Try increasing dark green foods for both male and female and feed her bean sprouts as these can help fertility, otherwise a healthy varied diet and a normal routine. Try mating at different times of day as well as they are only fertile during a few hours mid heat. She may not stand but smell at 10 pm but she may well stand if you try at 1am for example
It was only 5 minutes because the male was very uninterested and I did not want a fight to start as she seemed to be uninterested after as well. The first time mating I thought was successful, which was now 15 days ago. It went on for almost an hour before he was uninterested. She is just 4 months old and a week. I will try the dark green foods, I often find at night she will be more willing to mate , during the day I have never noticed her in heat.
Thanks for the help
Peppermintmocha is offline   Reply With Quote