View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 04:12 PM  
Peppermintmocha
Newborn Pup

Default multiple heat cycles/14 days pregnant

This is my first time breeding, so I have not yet experienced a hamster pregnancy but from research before getting my breeding pair I read that hamsters usually start showing around 14 days, Mocha my female has reached that today after her first mating. she was around my male 3 days after the mating as she went into heat but nothing came of it and I separated after 5 minutes, they have not been together since. I have noticed some growth, but as I have never owned a pregnant hamster and after looking at multiple pictures of others hamsters at 14 days pregnant, she does not seem to match what I have seen online. What has been confusing to me is that she has gone into "heat" almost every couple of days. She has her setup relatively close to the males so maybe his scent is making her act this way, she freezes and lets off an odour when I run my finger along her back, sometimes this has happened days in a row. I plan on waiting till Friday (16th day mark) to see if anything happens, if not should I take her to the vet to see whats going on? behavioural wise, I have not noticed any difference, she is not aggressive, she has a nest but I haven't noticed nesting behaviour any different than before being bred. I have attached pictures of her. I would love some advice from people who have been breeding and experienced something like this. When should I breed her again after the 16 days, or is it best to not use her for breeding? I am always willing to learn more as I believe you can truly never learn too much I would like the best for my hamsters! thanks
*sorry for poor quality she is super fast lol. from the picture her sides look larger, but when I gently run my hands along her sides there are no bumps it feels fairly flat, she is a long hair so its hard to tell, her nipples also are no different from when I first got her*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ham11.JPG (1.48 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg ham22.JPG (1.38 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg ham33.JPG (749.0 KB, 14 views)
Peppermintmocha is offline   Reply With Quote