Thread: Farewell Feliks
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 07:47 AM  
BorisPasha
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Farewell Feliks

Feliks1.jpg

My lovely litte Feliks made his way across the rainbow bridge on the 10th of March. The vet had diagnosed a respiratory disease but despite trying to courses of antibiotics over the space of a few weeks he didn't get better. His last week was very tough and one more than one occassion I thought he was on his way but he kept fighting on and managed to celebrate his gotcha day on the 5th March. That day was probably the brightest we'd seen him and I hoped that the course of antibiotics they put him on on the 4th March were going to do the trick. By the weekend he was really struggling, he'd really lost a lot of weight and he was struggling to eat even baby food. It was heartbreaking watching him struggle so much. He didn't seem to be sleeping either and was spending a lot of time awake. On the Sunday we decided that the kindest thing would be to take him to the vets and help him on his way.

The tears are streaming down my face as I write this. I thought by now I'd be able to write about him without getting upset.

Feliks you were a very special little man, you had a heart of gold and you had come such a long way from your screeching days and shyness. I miss seeing you standing at your front door every day looking for a seat on my hand and a treat and your fussing at the bedding being moved so we could get in to your toilet. You always liked to flick all the bedding back in before the toilet was back and we'd say 'Feliks! Just wait a minute' but you never did. Every night we had the same little conversation and you'd look at me with your gentle eyes and then continue moving the bedding back to where it belonged. I miss you my lovely boy but I hope you are well at the Rainbow bridge and that your brothers are looking after you. We'll love and miss you forever xx

Feliks2.jpg

Feliks3.jpg

Feliks4.jpg

Bossed around by Artie, Spartacus, Snapdragon, Feliks, Veikko & Delphia.
Boris, Pasha, Jaska & Max playing at the rainbow bridge, forever loved.

https://www.instagram.com/wehave3hamsters/
BorisPasha is offline   Reply With Quote