View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 10:41 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: I'm so sorry Jean Michel

I agree with Soufflé xxx. Escaping from the playpen wouldn’t cause him to get sick and die and neither would being in a small cage for the short time you had him. As the smallest of the litter he is more likely to have had some congenital weakness. This has happened to people before - usually with pet shop hamsters where the breeding has not been the greatest. Interbreeding can mean they are born with something not visible. So unless you had something like rat poison lying around that he ate it is highly unlikely that his escape had anything to do with it at all. They are normally quite hardy and robust health wise.

It is a very hard loss though with a new baby hamster. So sorry for your loss xxx I am sure when you have had time to have a little goodbye ceremony or burial and some time that you will want another hamster to nurture and love. Come on here first and get some opinions on your cage set up so you know everything is just right before they move in. But honestly our last hammy was also in a small unsuitable cage for a few weeks and came to no harm - other than he was bar chewing for a short time.

Your little boy is playing free over the rainbow bridge now.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote