View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 09:58 AM  
Bobby7747
Newborn Pup

Smile Re: Random Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I'm a fairly new Syrian hamster owner and still gathering information. There is a lot of info about, on this site, books, google, petshops etc etc. Info and advice varies and opinions differ on hamster related matters. It can be confusing for a novice so you need to find out what works for your hamster. Mine loves broccoli and cauliflower but doesn't like tomatoes. I feed him daily and yes he leaves some in his bowl but then again, I'm a selective eater myself. I know that he can't have cheese, his and mine absolute favourite too often or he'll get fat, same as I would. I believe that hamsters have personalities like humans and I know by now that mine (hamster) is laid back and forgiving because I got things wrong sometimes like inspecting his nest for old food while he was watching. As long as my hamster is safe and well with a shiny coat and stays inquisitive I don't worry too much about the finer points. Chances are that a lot of people may find my approach too relaxed but that's how I live my life and the hamster is part of it now. One piece of advice. I'd get a house with a removable roof so you can check on your hamster and his nest without disturbing either of them. No base of course because hamsters like to dig down. I hope you'll enjoy your future hamster as much as I enjoy mine because they are lovely little creatures.
I completely agree hamsters have personalities which is why I'm so excited to finally get one, but I have another question. How often do u pull their food out of their nest and when u do so I know it's good to replace the food so the hamster doesn't come home to an empty pantry but does this mean replace it like in the bowl or actually where the food was kept in the nest?
Bobby7747 is offline   Reply With Quote