View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:02 AM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Random Questions?

I'm a fairly new Syrian hamster owner and still gathering information. There is a lot of info about, on this site, books, google, petshops etc etc. Info and advice varies and opinions differ on hamster related matters. It can be confusing for a novice so you need to find out what works for your hamster. Mine loves broccoli and cauliflower but doesn't like tomatoes. I feed him daily and yes he leaves some in his bowl but then again, I'm a selective eater myself. I know that he can't have cheese, his and mine absolute favourite too often or he'll get fat, same as I would. I believe that hamsters have personalities like humans and I know by now that mine (hamster) is laid back and forgiving because I got things wrong sometimes like inspecting his nest for old food while he was watching. As long as my hamster is safe and well with a shiny coat and stays inquisitive I don't worry too much about the finer points. Chances are that a lot of people may find my approach too relaxed but that's how I live my life and the hamster is part of it now. One piece of advice. I'd get a house with a removable roof so you can check on your hamster and his nest without disturbing either of them. No base of course because hamsters like to dig down. I hope you'll enjoy your future hamster as much as I enjoy mine because they are lovely little creatures.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote