View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 10:49 AM  
Graciee
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Blood coming from rear end, please help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Good luck at the vets - yes it does sound like she needs a break from medication - although you said she seemed in pain so just the Metacam continuing maybe? Hope the vet says something like that. It's the same with humans sometimes - just stopping all meds sees what happens next and then gives a guide, but I'm not sure I would stop Metacam.

Plus Souffle's tip about vitamins and probiotics. Vitamin E is the skin vitamin. That tends to be in oily foods - or Linseeds or Evening Primrose Oil.

So if her wound has healed well it sounds like she should be off the meds - except maybe the Metacam because of discomfort. And see if it improves.
The vet appointment went okay, we've stopped the baytril and metacam because she'd been on them both for 3 weeks. So just staying on the Sulfatrim and Tramadol. The skin culture came back negative for a bacterial skin infection.. they didn't test for fungal for some reason.. so they're doing that now.. but my vet thinks it hasn't spread anymore and that some scabs look like they're drying up so she's hoping the scabs will come off soon ish and she'll be okay and re grow her fur.. still have no idea what's causing it though. Also gave her wheel back, vet said should be okay as her belly looks great. She's been going absolutely insane on it.. so hopefully it is all okay
Graciee is offline   Reply With Quote