View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 04:23 AM  
mangoandmimi
Little Miss Tinytoes

Default Re: Balding on one side

Thing is she seems to really like the hybrid mix, I was putting 2 piles of the hybrid and old food in separately for a few days to see how it went down and the old pile went untouched, and there I was thinking she was loving that one!

Came back from the vets and he agreed that hair seems to have been growing back in, she now has 4 or 5 doses of ivermectin/panomec. I'm supposed to be treating her every 7-10 days but I don't really know the normal procedure to be honest. I was kind of under the impression it would be one or two treatments but maybe not. I'm also supposed to be doing weekly full cleans to rule out the extremely small chance of another type of mite but I just don't think I can do that to her as it is almost certainly demodex if it is mites.

Interestingly he also told me one week of freezing stuff doesn't always work and to do 3 weeks instead - he had a bug infestation even after freezing reptile supplies for 2 weeks. Cannot believe they'd survive 2 weeks of being frozen they are really hardy little things!

Last edited by mangoandmimi; 03-26-2019 at 04:31 AM.
mangoandmimi is offline   Reply With Quote