Thread: Winter White?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 PM  
alpacassei
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Winter White?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaAndChester View Post
That's a Campbells; Winter whites don't come in black. If you want to get technical, you could likely assume it's a hybrid... i mean, it's of no significant importance for pet purposes (so i dont tend to bother, unless it's literally a 50/50 split between the two; personally, I just call them Campbells or Winter Whites, depending on physical attributes), but it's very unlikely to be a purebred (especially knowing she came from an unethical breeder; given that they misidentified a species who has very distinctive traits). But yeah; campbells, or campbell hybrid - whichever you prefer.
No matter the percentage, they’re still a hybrid. Unfortunately being a hybrid is of significance sonce they’re a lot more prone to illnesses such as diabetes, tumors, heart defects, etc due to the poor breeding and hybridisation and so you need to be more conscious of their health and diet than you would with a pure WW or Campbells