View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 03:20 PM  
Graciee
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Blood coming from rear end, please help :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ah yes our last Syrian was like that - wouldn't touch anything with meds in - he sussed it!

I was thinking about this skin issue - they can be allergic to the Baytril. Is she still on it? I know the precautions say that if there's any kind of allergic reaction to it to stop it - assume that's why the vet has given you a different antibiotic.

So is she off the Baytril now? It just seems a big coincidence that she is having skin problems when she's on meds post-op - there shouldn't be anything to do with having an op that causes that.
No she's still on the Baytril, and was for a week prior to surgery too.. so i'm doubtful it's that.

I know what you mean though.. So she was on Loxicom and Baytril for about a week, with no issues, then we spayed and carried on with them both, but after a few days she seemed in pain (not with surgery but her skin started to go all scabby then) so we added tramadol, then last Tuesday I took her back and said it's getting worse, so we added Sulfatrim then and took the sample for the culture.. but it just seems to be getting worse - I'ma call the vets again tomorrow to see if they've got the results back yet (they hadn't on Friday) but I really don't know what else to do tbh

And i've no idea when is safe to give her wheel back, she really really misses it
Graciee is offline   Reply With Quote