Thread: Nugget's thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:25 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Nugget's thread

I agree robos really don't like vet visits! I think the worst bit for Nugget was being held up in the air in a glass jar. If the vet had waited a moment I was going to say I could hold him so she could have a look, because he's still when you hold him. On the other hand she did get a really good look at his underside.

Yes I really do need to sort out Nugget's cage - it's ready for a substrate clean as well. He is going to hate it. I'm putting it off a bit and just spot cleaning and pressing the odd bit of substrate down, as he's just starting to settle a bit. On the other hand he doesn't like me doing that either!

It will be very difficult when I come to clean his cage as he has a very cosy sizeable "cave"/underground burrow just in front of his wheel with a cork roof! The piece of cork was there as a step up to the wheel and he made a lovely burrow under it - very neat and tidy and cosy. He also has his labyrinth house with a nest and sizeable hoard in as well at the other end.

I might see if I can save the burrow and do the rest of the cage - if it's clean enough.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote