View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 11:49 AM  
mangoandmimi
Little Miss Tinytoes

Default Re: Balding on one side

Thanks guys. I did look for cuts but there hasn't been any I'm pretty sure. The food she was on before was a bit of a mix but primarily the Bunny food, the old rodipet dwarf food and also some of the rodipet hybrid food. The playsand is removed now. She still has some chinchilla sand in there.

Took her to an exotics vets today, vet said potentially mites since she's older and her immune system has probably gone down. So she's had some mite treatment and will see how she does in 7-10 days. Can't say I know much at all about these mites but vet said even if it starts on one side it'll spread soon. If the mite treatment works he reckons she should stay on it or it'll return.

Cage was also deep cleaned, an absolute nightmare with all the wooden stuff and cork etc. Chocho is really unhappy. And the sand has gone too but I've kept the setup the same otherwise, hopefully she'll settle down. Anyway I'm not sure what to think right now, I guess there's nothing more to do than wait and see if she improves next week.
mangoandmimi is offline   Reply With Quote