Thread: Nugget's thread
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 09:48 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Nugget's thread

Nugget seems more relaxed and back to normal - he is getting used to the slight cage changes I had to make after his vet visit and yesterday had a little run over his rainbow bridge, and went up his shallow ramp to his lowered shelf - there is nothing on the shelf now because I moved his sand bath and food bowl down to the floor when he was struggling with climbing - but it does give access to the sputnik.

So he seems more his old self. He does still have lumps underneath but seems in less discomfort (maybe the Metacam). However he still doesn't find it easy walking on the substrate so at some point I need to press it down well so it's more of a level surface.

As he seems well I decided to continue the Baytril until the 2 week point the vet suggested and am starting probiotics as well. I doubt the lumps will disappear even after two weeks of Baytril, but we'll see.

Main thing is he is carrying on as normal and can't wait for his bit of dog food with Baytril every day and licks the plate clean. He also polishes off the bit of baby food with Metacam in during the evening when I put that out.

Really I want to remove the level now - I don't want to risk him toppling and falling. But don't want to change anything again just now as it seemed to really stress him last time (probably because just after the vet visit). But I know he hadn't been up on the shelf and hadn't been using his sand bath, and he now has great fun in the sand bath at floor level.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote