View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 05:11 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Introducing MuShu

MuShu sounds really sweet, I do love dom spots & look forward to seeing her when she’s confident enough for photos.
Two weeks isn’t long at all really so she may need a little more time just to settle in before she gets a bit braver, coming to your hands & taking food is encouraging so I’m sure she’ll soon start to come out more.
I find the best way to encourage them to make full use of the cage is just to scatter feed & find places to hide treats & encourage them to forage more.
If you have a photo of your cage set up that would help to see if there is anything you might be able to change to make her feel more confident with coming out & exploring more.
I find they don’t like too much open space above them so use hammocks to make a sort of second level for them & provide more cover on the ground.
Some of it is just down to individual character I think, my current female Chinese likes to spend most of her time under the substrate & keeps very busy down there by the noise she makes! She also doesn’t use her wheel that much, my previous females were on the go all the time, ran in their wheels much more & were out & about in the cage much more too.
I'm sure she'll soon begin to get more confident & with time you'll see what she enjoys doing the most & be able to adapt things for her if need be.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote